China Yuchai International Limited (NYSE:CYD) Convenes AGM
SINGAPORE, May 20, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting (the "Meeting") of CHINA YUCHAI INTERNATIONAL LIMITED (the "Company") will be held at Hotel Nikko, 72 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong on Friday, June 17, 2011 at 9.30 a.m. (Hong Kong time) for the following purposes:
As Ordinary Business
- To receive and adopt the audited financial statements and independent auditors' report for the financial year ended December 31, 2010.
- To approve an increase in the limit of the Directors' fees as set out in Bye-law 10(11) of the Bye-laws of the Company from US$250,000 to US$625,205 for the financial year 2010 (Directors' fees paid for FY 2009: US$510,959).
- To re-elect the following Directors retiring pursuant to Bye-law 4(2) of the Bye-laws of the Company to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the Company:
- Mr Kwek Leng Peck
- Mr Gan Khai Choon
- Mr Tan Eng Kwee
- Mr Tan Aik-Leang
- Mr Neo Poh Kiat
- Mr Matthew Richards
- Mr Zhang Shi Yong
- Mr Han Yi Yong
- To re-elect Mr Yuen Kin Pheng, appointed a Director on May 20, 2011 and retiring pursuant to Bye-law 4(3) of the Bye-laws of the Company, to hold office until the next annual general meeting of the Company.
- To authorize the Board of Directors to appoint Directors up to the maximum of 11 or such maximum number as determined from time to time by the shareholders in general meeting to fill any vacancies on the Board.
- To re-appoint Messrs Ernst & Young LLP as independent auditors of the Company and to authorise the Audit Committee to fix their remuneration.
- To transact any other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
By Order of the Board
Saw Boo Guan
Date: May 20, 2011
- Mr Saw Boo Guan and Mr Ching Yew Chye have notified the Company that they will not be seeking re-election as Directors of the Company at the Meeting. Pursuant to the bye-laws of the Company, Mr Saw Boo Guan shall cease to hold the office of President upon his retirement as a Director of the Company at the Meeting.
- Pursuant to the bye-laws of the Company, no resolution of Members may be passed without the affirmative vote of the Special Share cast by the holder of the Special Share.
- By resolution of the Board, only Members entered in the Register of Members of the Company at the close of business on May 13, 2011 (New York time) are entitled to receive notice of and to attend and vote at the Meeting.
- A Member is entitled to appoint one or more proxies to attend and vote in his stead.
- A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
- If a proxy is appointed, the proxy form and the power of attorney or other authority (if any) under which it is signed, must be lodged with the Company at 16 Raffles Quay, #26-00 Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581, Republic of Singapore OR to Vote Processing, c/o Broadridge, 51 Mercedes Way, Edgewood, NY 11717 not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for the Meeting, that is no later than 9.30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 (Singapore time) or 9.30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 (New York time).
For more information, please contact:
Kevin Theiss / Dixon Chen
SOURCE China Yuchai International Limited